Chief Medical Officer needed in Kalumbila, Zambia
Location: Kalumbila, Zambia
Sector: Non-profit organisation partner with Public Health Sector
Job Type: Permanent
Offer: 10 000 USD net salary per month, 2 return flight, car allowance, medical insurance, furnished accommodation.
The suitable candidate will be responsible for delivering a high standard of medical care together with effectively managing and supervising all clinical personal at the clinic. You will work closely with the Clinic / Hospital manager to ensure that the clinic’s medical service functions are cost effective, and medical staff deliver safe, competent and patient-centred care. You will work closely with other multidisciplinary clinicians to provide comprehensive health care services.
The suitable candidate will carry out their duties professionally, consistently, ethically and in line with international standards and evidence based medical practices in keeping with our client’s standard of care.
• Must have a completed Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery MBChB or similar qualification with 5-year minimum post -graduation experience.
• A Masters qualification in Medicine will be advantage
• ACLS and ATLS training is essential
• Experience in HIV, TB, Malaria is a plus
• Must be registered and licenced with the HPCZ.
Key Role Accountabilities:
• Ensure that the hospital / clinic facilities, medical equipment and patient services are maintained to an operational standard of professional excellence.
• Comply with all our client’s standards for delivering high quality medical care and where relevant, identify and / or design any medical practice standards or procedures that are required.
• Create duty rosters for doctors with input from the Clinic / Hospital Manager to ensure appropriate doctor coverage at the clinic / hospital.
• Ensure that proper procedures are followed during medical emergencies, out of country transfers and referrals. Responsible for ensuring that all medical staff are aware of the clinics and hospitals, medical escalation evacuation procedures.
• Be responsible for all administrative duties and reporting as directed by the Medical Director and requested by the Clinic / Hospital manager. Report all administrative issues to the Clinic Manager regarding medical services, clinic activity, staffing issues during weekly / monthly meetings or as required.
• Oversee the efficient running g of the outpatient, emergency, inpatient, occupational health and ancillary (radiology, laboratory and pharmacy), dental services at the clinic / hospital. Run inpatient teaching ward rounds with the Medical Director / Clinic manager weekly or as directed.
• Attend regular clinic / hospital, management meetings (with the Medical Director) and Clinical Governance meeting to report on and discuss issues relating to improvements to the medical service department and patient care.
• Perform clinical supervision of medical staff which involves carrying out regular minted team meetings, annual performance appraisals, coaching and mentoring, and prompt feedback to staff regarding medical practice queries or concerns.
• Promote a culture that is committed to learning from complaints, incidents, audit, research and development.
• Be available for duty as rostered for normal shifts on call shifts (defined as a standby period out of normal clinic hours), weekends and in case of emergencies.
• Ensure that all our client policies / procedures, clinical guidelines and Zambian legal regulations are adhered to clinical staff at all times.
• Maintain individual medical knowledge at an international standard through continuous education, training and learning.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of our client strategies, specifically lead on the medical input and service delivery at the clinic.
• Efficiently manage time between clinic hours and administrative duties.
• Ensure that patient medical documentation is accurate, legible and content appropriate.
• Ensure that patients are notified of their test results within 12 hours of receiving results.
• Ensure that universal infection control precautions are maintained throughout the hospital / clinic.
• Ensure appropriate medical assistance and recommendation for patients requiring evacuation services referrals. The will include all documents. Medical reports, organising for referrals, monitoring the patient’s conditions, advice on appropriate means of evacuation, and monitoring the progress of the referral or evacuation. Be available to escort patients if required for medical evacuation.
• Support the clinic / hospital manager with identifying medical equipment, medicines and consumables that need to be procured for the clinic.
• Comply with any other duties and responsibilities as may be required form the medical director from time to time.
To apply, kindly forward your updated CV, ID and Council Card.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, Health Staff will be in contact with you to start the registration process.
(t) 021 8026334
(f) 086 665 2294 / 021 913 9766