Permanent Unit Manager needed in Randburg, Johannesburg
Location: Randburg, Johannesburg
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is seeking a Permanent Unit Manager for the Mental Health Unit to work at private sector. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating clinical practice and resources within the unit to achieve the company and hospital objectives of quality, growth and people.
Effective clinical leadership
• Lead the implementation of the nursing care plan and co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of the correct treatment plan within the correct MDT program in order to achieve clinical outcomes.
• Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
• Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialization, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
• Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
• Implement national quality initiatives within unit with the focus on improved clinical outcomes and report accordingly.
• Identify clinical and safety risks and trends in all of the above, implement corrective action where necessary and monitor on an ongoing basis.
• Initiate and drive unit specific best operating practice, communicate these for wider implementation and participate in hospital specific marketing initiatives.
Effective leadership and people management
• Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model, Nursing strategy and image of the profession, actively sponsor LHC initiatives and projects to ensure continued and improved productivity.
• Drive and manage all people related processes within unit.
Effective financial management (including equipment)
• Participate in business planning and budgeting processes and manage nursing costs according to budget.
• Manage stock utilization and drive product management processes within unit together with relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure staff is trained on the operation of equipment within unit and together with relevant stakeholders ensure equipment is in working order to provide a safe patient environment.
Effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders
• Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
• Build and maintain productive relationships with doctors by agreeing professional code of conduct, driving and monitoring effective communication regarding positive patient outcomes, functioning as an advocate for LHC and communicate impact of industry challenges on the Nursing profession.
If you are interested in the above-mentioned position, please send your CV, ID and SANC receipt to me today.
• Degree or Diploma in General Nursing /Mental Health
• Current registration with SANC
• Relevant experience in nursing to meet the critical outputs
• Proven leadership and people management skill would be an advantage
• Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and chain management principles
• Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
• Computer literacy
• Driver’s license and ability to travel
Requirements for Registration:
• UPDATED CV (List with all duties and responsibilities at each establishment)
• Qualifications: Degree / Diploma / Certificate
• Copy of ID (If you are not a South African citizen please provide Passport and work/ study permit)
• New updated certificate and card from your council, e.g.: SANC. SASOHN, SAPC, etc. (should you have qualified outside of South Africa, please provide us with your registration number from the country you qualified in as well)
• Service Letters (if you have worked in a foreign country we will need these letters from the country you worked in.)
(C) 061 109 9761
(f) 086 665 2294 / 021 913 9766